Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Teacher + New Classroom = Excitement!

As many of us are returning to our classrooms, pulling things together, trying to come up with new ways of arranging our room to inspire our students, I had the unique opportunity to observe (and help when asked!) my son pull together his very first classroom.  Just the idea of a new job and first classroom is exciting enough, but then throw into the mix that he is going to be teaching in the elementary school he graduated from, in a classroom that he actually learned in….  Well to me, as his mom and a teacher myself, I am just so proud!  I am also amazed.  His classroom would easily have qualified for my “dream” classroom when I started teaching.  I know parents are going to walk into his room and immediately be put at ease, this is definitely a classroom where students will be engaged and motivated to learn.  You can feel the energy as you enter room. 

Students sit at tables so all class supplies are organized on the middle shelving unit.


Even though he'll be teaching math, science and social studies, he still has a great classroom library!









Garrett found the great metal racks under his chalkboard and Smart Board at Ikea.
I just love all the color in this room!














This is the back of a portable shelving unit that stores all his math manipulatives.  He decided to pull it away from the wall, extend the top, add a groove in the wood to support iPads - instant work station for students!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment